17 Ways to Use Acidic Water and Its Amazing Benefits
By now you should be well familiar with alkaline water benefits, the importance of being pH balanced and the differences of acidity and alkalinity. However, there’s one thing many seem to overlook in alkaline water ionizers. They also produce acidic water. Oftentimes, this question arises, “How can I use the acidic water?”
We’re happy to tell you that there are a myriad of uses for acidic water! One of the very best is that it can help keep your home sparkling clean! Acid water is a natural solution as opposed to using strong chemicals. It’s eco-friendly, kid-friendly, pet-friendly, and YOU-friendly!
For cleaning, the stronger the acidity, the better. strong acid water has disinfectant properties.
Now let’s look into the benefits of acidic water and it’s uses.
Acidic water contains disinfecting properties and may be used for:
- Kitchen Cleaning– Wash cutting boards, countertops (Not Granite), sinks, etc. Acidic water can help prevent food poisoning from e-coli and other types of bacteria.
- In Preparing Food– rinse fresh fruit and vegetables, meat and fish to help prevent contamination from e-coli and other kinds of bacteria. If you’d like, you can rinse again with alkaline water.
- Spray Bottle Uses– Spray it on as a hand sanitizer or to clean your eyeglasses and mist your face.
- Acidic water may also prove usefulin treating minor scrapes, cuts to clean and prevent infection. May help in alleviating pain and inflammation associated with minor burns and aid in quick recovery.
- Acne and Skin Problems – Acid water from your water ionizer has an astringent effect and can be used with helping to treat or prevent acne, skin spots and other minor skin problems.
- Cosmetics and Hair and Bath– Rinse your hair with acidic water before and after shampooing to help prevent hair loss, dandruff, itchy scalp.
- Good for Use in Shaving. Acid water is a great natural aftershave and helps protect against shaving rash.
- Bathing– add 1.5 to 3 Liters to your bath, your skin will love you!
Acidic water may also be beneficial in treating other skin conditions such as:
- Athlete’s Foot– Helps to accelerate recovery, particularly when used in a warm water soak 20-30 minutes daily.
- Chapped Hands– May help to prevent chapped hands as well as speed recovery from chapping.
- Insect Bites– provides relief from the itch or sting of mosquito and bug bites.
- Nail Fungus– helps to accelerate recovery, particularly when used in a warm water soak 20-30 minutes daily.
Acidic water is environmentally friendly.
- Watering Plants– Use it to water house plants or outside plants to promote growth. Plants respond well to acidic water – rain water is acidic.
- Pet Friendly– Bathe your pets with it for an overall healthier coat.
- Natural Bleaching Action– with acidic water from your ionizer you avoid using harmful chemicals in household cleaning products. Clean your house, without chemicals, and remove dirt and grime and help prevent odors.
- Effectively cleans glass, mirrors, and knives.
- To get good medical-grade water, run the machine at the lowest acid setting slowly, to get the most concentrated acid water you can from the machine and use it directly or put it in a bottle to use over time. Unlike alkaline water, which can last about a week if you take good care of it, acid water lasts forever, if anything, becoming a bit more acidic over time.
Because acidic water is non-toxic, there are no side-effects, as with some other products.
Try it! We’re pretty sure that you’ll love what the acidic water can do as much as the alkaline water.